1.31.2005

wanting what you can't have..


There are a whole bunch of things that I want right now that I can't have.

I want some head. But I'm at work, can't have that.

I got an e-mail from my man who is doing a medical school rotation in fu*king Jamiaca for a month.... I want to be in Jamaica for work for a gotdamn month!

I also want a new car. An Acura TL to be exact. I've been rocking my Explorer since '97 and when I got it, it was 3 years old. my baby is taking care of me though, so I'm not hating on my Explorer. I promised myself a while ago I wouldn't let myself get a new car until I had bought a house. I refuse to be one of those brothers renting with my Lexus parked out front.... Not that I'd buy a Lexus anyway, but you understand...

I wanted a good crab cake for lunch today... but how do you justify spending $20 for lunch on yourself? You can't... On someone else's tab.. hell yeah! But not on myself... to go to a restaurant of the caliber to have a quality crab cake, you can't really go alone.. which means I'd have to go with someone... and fake like their company is important when really, it's all about the crab cake.

I want to take back this shirt tie combo I have on today. There's nothing wrong with it.. the problem is, I actually look TOO good today. I've been complimented on my shirt (lavender Kenneth Cole with a light plaid to it) and my tie (real thin diagonal stripes of lavender, purple, orange, blue, black, and white) like 6 times today.... which means I can't wear this shit for a while, because everyone will remember it because it has been the hot topic in the office today.. wtf!!?? So now I have to remember I wore this shit cuz I can't wear it for like 2 months until it slips out of everyone's collective conscious.

I want to go out tonight and get my drink on... But I have to prepare for class tonight... Hopefully I can teach the kiddies something tomorrow, but these fools are more interested in being cool than learning. Not all of them, but some.

For example, the class was just dragging last week, so I told everyone we're going to take a 5 minute break, and when we get back, we're going to have a quiz.... Two people didn't even bother coming back for the quiz!!?? Just decided to bounce and take the zero... I don't get it..

I want to order Sign of the Times since it just came out on DVD.... in fu*king Canada though!? The DVD will play in our DVD players... but... I just ain't ordering nothing from Canada on general principle... I don't really have anything AGAINST Canada... but I already own a bootleg DVD of Sign of the Times (video transfer) but the sound and picture are disappointing.... it's not like I ever watch that shit anyway.

What they NEED to put on DVD is this but I'm not holding my breath.

anyway... here's to Canada.

~C

CD of the moment: John Legend - "Get Lifted"



No comments: