1.28.2005

the brother in the print room...


You can change cities and you can change companies, but some things you can count on, like the good ole unintentional humor of the brother man in the print room.

You know I love my people. And I hate to make them the butt of jokes... and I'd be upset if I found about all the other people in the office that are going to be cracking jokes about the brotha in the print room behind my back. They don't want to offend me by making jokes about the brotha in the print room. I appreciate that. But dammit, I'd be making jokes about the brotha in the print room too... probably not to them of course, but to my black counterparts, I'm sure I'd make John* the butt of many jokes

Big John sent this out to the entire staff today:

"To all staff,

As a reminder: the property in the print room don't belong to you. The tools are here to use in the print room, not for your personal use. All the resources
in the print room are for everyone. Not for you to take to your desk and don't return it. Dear staff anything that's lying in the print room belongs to someone so don't take it if it don't belong to you. Everyone likes a clean working space help us by cleaning behind yourself, and if your going to leave a mess leave a tip.
Please return all items belonging in the print room. All items must be used in the print room."


Thanks John. Thanks for that today. You are right. Everyone likes a clean working space. Take pride in yo shit dude.... We need more of that.

~C

CD of the moment: Herbie Hancock - "Monster"

* name changed to protect the guilty..

No comments: