1.21.2005

MLK DAY FURNITURE SALE!!!


(In my best WWF voice impersonation) “Come celebrate the holiday at your local furniture store!!!” I swear to God I saw this on TV last weekend. The ad was complete with this shotty black and white image of MLK that looked like it was created on a Lite-Brite machine.

I mean damn, people will do anything to get you to come out and spend money. Did they really think that people who truly celebrate MLK Day would be moved enough by this ad and choose to celebrate the great legacy of Martin Luther King Jr. by purchasing a new dining room set. I guess MLK liked to eat, but c’mon!….
There is nothing about a couch that represents the legacy of this great man. (Although I’m sure he liked to sit too.)

I decided to go out and get my groove on for MLK day. I figured I would dance and drink to celebrate his legacy… I guess that isn’t any better than buying a couch huh? At least if I bought a couch I would have something to sit on… I much prefer to go out on a Sunday – Thursday because usually there are better parties and you avoid the suburban drunks that invade the city. (it was the same in Chicago.)

Well there is this vertically challenged girl (actually a midget) who frequents the clubs here in DC. Cool chic, everyone knows her she rocks it out on the dance floor and seems like a real cool person, BUT I wouldn’t be trying to hit that. Especially on the big three day weekend Sunday when everybody and their momma is out at the club!! Everyone sees you trying to be all cuddled up with the 3 foot tall chic!!

Well, there was this brothat trying to bang the midget. I understand that sometimes times are tight, but that is what black cheerleaders #469 is for. If you are 6+ feet tall, you have no business trying to get with a 60 pound 3 foot chic. Maybe he is a closet pedophile and this is his way of realizing those dreams legally……..

She creeps me out anyway. I’m not used to being in a packed ass club and having to worry about stepping on somebody. I’m sure she is used to weaving through the club at that level, but it just seems odd. After a while, you just keep on dancing on don’t think about the fact that there is a hobbit dancing nearby.

~C

CD of the moment: Ministry of Sound -"The Chillout Sessions Summer 2004"

No comments: