1.15.2005

I finally decided to buy some pickles...

PIckles are on of the most underrated luxeries in life.

Whenever I go to the grocery store, it is usually just buy the essentials: meat, fruit, vegetables, seasonings to make it tasty and liquid to wash it all down. I don't spend much time messing around with chips & sals, cookies, etc... I always consider buying pickles, but ultimately I put them back. Sometimes, I even do it as a checkout purge right as I'm placing things on the thingy to check out.

Today on my way to the grocery store, I knew before I even went in that I was going to buy me some pickles. Three day weekend ahead + nothing to do but sit around the house and enjoy me = Curt's buying pickles.

I get to the pickle aisle on the verge of just opening up the jar on the spot. As I examine my choices, it suddenly dawns on me: "Where are the sweet & spicy joints?" .......... aww hell naw!!!! I wanted sweet and spicy spears dammit!!! I start pulling out pickle jars and looking behind the ones in the front.... read all the labels... even considered getting those thin ass sandwich stackers, but they didn't even have THEM in sweet and spicy. The only spicy pickles they had was that 10 pound jar of weird multi-color pickles that when dry look like they would make good Thanksgiving table ornaments...

Alas, I settled in with some dill spears, but feel like I've wasted this bi-annual pickle buying day.

~C

CD of the moment:
Jorge Ben Jor - "Samba Esquema Novo"

No comments: