5.28.2002

weekeend wrap up

Memorial Day weekend wrap up.

First of all, my dog died. The one we’ve had since I was like 14 years old. It’s weird how much losing a pet can fuck with you for a couple of days. So my weekend didn’t start off too good.

My E-Bay excursion had a turn for the better when I found about 75 hip-hop records in the trash. A LOT of new shit, some even unopened! The entire Cee-lo, Jay-Z, and Raekwon albums as well as a host of remixes including the Redman, Tweet remix of the new MeShell Ndgeocello song ‘Pocketbook’ and that Ben Watt house remix of Maxwell’s ‘Lifetime’. I picked out about 25 records for myself and am going to sell the other 50 on E-Bay. I can see it now: “SUPER RARE REMIX AVAILABLE AS EARLY PROMO TO SELECT DJ’S ONLY!!! YOU DON’T WANT TO MISS THE CHANCE TO GET THIS ONE!!!” I’ll sell the shit out of these records. I’ll give an update as soon as I get an account setup or whatever I have to do.

I went out and got my groove on at Funky Buddha Lounge. I met up with a good friend of mine who I traveled with in Europe for a bit. She was in Chicago for the holiday weekend so we hung out and drank the night away. After I dropped her off I went out to another spot to get my dance on, but ended up doing more drinking than dancing. It had cooled off by the end of the night and I parked far as shit so I think walking to my car when I was all sweaty is what made me catch this damn cold. 6 Tylenol Sinus later, everything is STILL a bit woozy, but I’m feeling better.

The weekend ended with one of my clients at work calling me to tell me that a sexy little friend of his that I met at his birthday party a couple of months ago wants my number. But he had been holding out on me for a couple of months, so finally she is making him give me her number. She was a cutie too. I think she had some Latin in her or something exotic-like.

The shortened work week only makes the days go by slower. I’m supposed to be going to the Sox / Yankees game tonight, but this cold might get the best of me. I’ve got to get healthy because I’m going to Jamaica for the weekend. I decided to finally use some of my vacation days, so I found a last minute deal to Jamaica for the weekend. So I said ‘fuck it’ and bought it. $551 for round trip air fare and hotel. My project just ended last week so I could use the vacation.

However, now I know why it was so damn cheap: There’s a MF tropical storm on it’s way to Jamica!!! F…kin’ last minute deal my ass!!

-c

No comments: