6.04.2002

No love from above

God is trying to teach me a lesson. I just haven't quite figured out what
it is yet.

I never made it to Jamaica.

About 9 hours before my flight was scheduled to take off I bent over to pick
up a CD on the floor and could not get up. The pain dropped my ass to my
knees and my lil bro had to help me get into the bed. I thought it was
muscle spasms, but that shit didn't go away, just got worse. About an hour
later, I finally decided to go to the hospital, but I could barely move, so
I had to dial 911.

Yep, sirens and all, carried out of my apartment on a stretcher. After
waiting 4 hours for my HMO to approve a CT scan, I finally had the test done
and got the results:

Protuded disc between L4 and L5.

To make a long story short, my ass was in the hospital all drugged up with
pain medication from Wednesday night to Friday morning. I did a little bit
of walking on Saturday and it wore me out. So I'm relegated to laying down,
and that's it!

If I stand it hurts. If I sit it hurts. I was feeling good yesterday so I
went in to work today to get a laptop and work to bring home, but I overdid
it. I should've stayed my ass at home. So I'm even more hurt up tonight.
But at least I've got some work to do now so I won't be laying around using
up my precious 5 days of annual sick time.

I'm all drugged up waiting for the disc to heal itself and going to physical
therapy three days a week (I hate western medicine by the way) I think what
I need is some sort of voodoo shamen to swing by the crib and rub some
garlic and bats feet on my back and make it all go away.

I can't sit and type any longer so this is ending here. I'm going to have
to change my damn e-mail address too. All this junk mail is getting out of
control. I don't check my mail for five days: 183 messages. About 14 of
them were from people I know. This shit is out of control.

later.............

-c

No comments: