6.12.2002

"wife cute" vs "girlfriend cute"

So I'm having a conversation with a friend of mine the other day and we're
discussing the logic behind the comment, "she's wife cute, but not
girlfriend cute" and it became apparent to me that there is a certain level
of ridiculousness, but loads of truth to this comment.

There is clearly a difference between women that you would marry and women
that you would have sex with. The ironic thing that came out of the
conversation was the notion that men don't expect their wives to be as cute
as some of their past girlfriends and I was having difficulty supporting the
argument, but I think I've got it now.

By the time a man is ready to get married, external beauty is not as
important as all of the other intangible aspects of a woman/person you want
to spend the rest of your life with. (I occassionally like to be politically
correct for my homesexual readers!) It's IMPORTANT, but it becomes LESS
important as you become older.

Then issues such as would this person make a good mother, how will she be 10
years from now, is she doing anything with her life, or how crazy is her
family start to matter. So maybe this is why men end up losing their sex
drive as they get older because they've underestimated the importance of
physical attraction??? Of course, ideally you would have all of these
things together, but as I get older, I think of the above-mentioned
qualities that I could do without, an extremely attractive wife would
probably be higher on the list than I might think.

I can admit, I've been with some women that were up there on the
fugly-meter, but I obviously didn't plan on making them my wife. Then there
are women who I've thought were absolutely beautiful, bodies were bangin',
the sex was out of control, and they had rich parents too, but were dumber
then a bag of rocks! Obviously, they were 'girlfriend cute', or they were
there to satisfy certain needs, but not be taken home to meet moms, ever.

So now that I'm single again at 27, I find myself looking for a woman who is
'wife cute'. But the problem is, when I find her, I can't help but compare
her to those from my past who were extremely 'girlfriend cute'. For
example, girl A, masters degree, loads of common sense, fun to hang out with
and all, but she's got a damn crooked eye! Definitely wife material, but I
don't think I can get past that shit.

I was all set to try the internet dating thing. But can you believe
this...... they REJECTED my profile! I couldn't believe it. They told me
that I used language that was inappropriate and I need to state what I want
instead of what I don't want. I think it was the following line that made
them reject me:
"I am looking for a woman that has common sense, doesn't wear bright red
lipstick, is able to lie about how we met, can't name one folk song, is
pretty but not narcissistic, knows what narcissistic means, can speak
intelligently, and won't crush me in bed."

I suppose in this case honsty isn't the best policy

There is no way you'd be able to tell if a person has 'wife-cute' qualities
through an online dating service, which leads me to believe that trying to
find someone this way would be futile. I guess I could always use a couple
more girlfiends though.

-c

CD of the moment: Miguel Migs - "Nude Tempo vol. 1"

No comments: