5.07.2002

my squad is weak

My squad is weak, and the current draft class is nothing to brag about.
I remember the days my team used to have that one player who comes through when shit gets REAL dry... I like to call mine the power forward. she comes in, gets dirty in the paint, cleans up the boards, scores, then goes back to the bench with no hassles. I used to have one, they're like those ‘laundry drawz’, the underwear you only break out when you absolutely positively have to...

But that’s not all I need. I’m literally working with a scab team during a strike. It’s terrible. Right now, I think my team needs the most is a good walk-on, a player who will come through after 11 and leave before 5, a player who knows their role and is a willing participant. This is not to be confused with a role player because the walk-on, as stated before, fits the mold in some ways of your power forward; that is to say that some fool might try to sign her, but you ain't that fool. But you’re willing to work with her, ashy booty and all. The key to building a successful franchise is getting the right role players to complement your all ! stars, sometimes Jordan and Pippen gotta go to the bench for a breather and you gotta call in Paxson, Stacy King or Kerr for a few quality minutes.

What’s so sad is that some woman will probably read this and take offense knowing good and well she got a call friday night at 11:07pm to play the walk-on role and didn’t hesitate to show and blow and dip before first light. So sad, so sad indeed. You don't have to agree with my statements for your own life choices, but 9 out of 10 freelance gynecologists can't be wrong, women dig it just as much as men do.

Being in Chicago without a good knowledge of the talent pool has brought me to the realization that I’ve gotta start recruiting again..... but wait! I said I was going to look for "real love" this time.......damn that.....we're in the finals and I NEED a reliable squad!

But I also need a go to guy, someone who will get you those points when you need ‘em bad, w/ the game on the line you want the ball in his hands. I’m talking about a serious PTPer, someone whose cleavage speaks fluent ‘ass english’, and that is her SECOND language! I’m starting to feel like the team concept ain’t what it used to be, and I need to start clearing room under the salary cap to make room for the superstar. Real love ain't cheap, shiiiiit that's the franchise player right there. So far, I’ve only seemed to draft third tier CBA players who would be better off in the W! BA (World Basketball Association).

My boys may never know about my walk-on, they may have spied her in passing, but she is never on public display nor does she speak of her role in open forum... trust me, the walk-on is not top tier (unless it's an ex, but that's another chronicle right there), she's like your uncle’s old Buick LeSabre, not luxurious, not much to look at, but reliable whenever, wherever... Where’s Craig Hodges when you need him?

…. I’ve had the realization that I’m in a state of rebuilding the team for quite a while now, but I never expected it to take as long as the Bulls.
-c
CD of the moment: Lauryn Hill - "MTV Unplugged, v2.0"

No comments: