5.20.2002

Star Wars is terrible!!

I saw Star Wars over the weekend. It was pretty bad. The acting was the absolute worst. I don't know if it is the script or what. If you go see this movie, you HAVE to see it on one of the digital screens. It was like sitting in a room with a 1000" flat screen TV. The picture was UNBELIEVABLE! The digital graphics and all that are gorgeus and the sound is the type of thing that makes your dick hard. There are about only 50 theaters in the whole country that forked out the $200,000 to have this technology. Here is a link to the list of where these theaters are.
Sure there was a lot less Jar Jar Binks, but Lucas still has a way of injecting more racial stereotypes into this movie than you can shake a stick at. From the money hungry hook-nosed guy (with a Jewish accent) to Samuel Jackson being an athletic strong, and skilled Jedi, but not as smart as Yoda.... Well, no one is as bad as Yoda, but still, they didn't have to make Sam have that confused and in awe everytime Yoda spoke.
Then there are the guys in the desert who wrap their heads in rags and wear robes. There is a narrative featured on the web site about colonists moving on to their sacred land and being attacked by these savages. A couple of stereotypes seem to be at play here, a bit of Native American and a bit of Arab.
Yoda is a little cat with extremely narrow slanty eyes that sits in Zenlike surroundings cross-legged, "meditates upon" things, and speaks in haikus.
Then of course all of the heroes are these aristocratic people with British accents, and even in his limited minutes Jar Jar Binks couldn't help but serve 'massa'. His little bit of shuckin' and jivin' is pretty disgusting, but at this point, all I can do is laugh at it all.
I couldn't deal with all the crazies, so instead of standing in line way around the block, I got ghetto and cut in line towards the front so I could sit in the center near the middle of the theater. The girl I was with was all nervous and scared. I'm not sure if she'll make the team or not. She is definitely professional league material, but I'm not sure if she makes a good fit on my team.
Last night I hit the MeShelle Ndgeocello concert. Her new album is coming out soon. What I've heard of it so far is pretty tight, but I'm doubtful she won't be able to capture the magic of her live shows until she releases a live album. What I've heard from the album so far is pretty tight.
More monogamy talk is coming eventually, I'm in some sort of slump or something. With work being as busy as it is, I haven't really felt like doing shit. We're all done today with the project so I'll be back on that later this week.
Now that my project is over I'm itching to take a vacation. It would be real cool to go with one of my boys, and now the ex is trying to pop back into the picture, but what I really NEED to do is go somewhere by myself and give myself a little re-alignment. But I can't really afford to do anything, so I'm thinking it's all wishful thinking anyway....
-c
I had a great CD find this weekend:
CD of the moment : "Saint Germain des Pres Cafe Vol. 1"
I actually hung out at this cafe when I was in Paris and had a REALLY good time. So it's only natural that I have a special connection to this CD, but the music on here is phenomenal. It's French-electro-jazzy type shit. Vol. 2 just came out recently, but the first one is the one I own and is definitely worth picking up.

No comments: