6.10.2005

office buffoon update..

... after a couple weeks of getting emails like this and this from the ebonic-speaking Latino I labeled 'the office buffoon' I decided to finally have a word with him after this one.

At first, he was on some "oh, I forgot there is someone else in the office now that knows what I'm talking about, my bad." But once I explained to him that, whether or not they understand isn't even the point, and that he has created a role for himself as 'the jokester' in the office. He shows ambition and acts like he wants to get ahead, so I just said that in my opinion, he's going about it the wrong way.

He seemed to agree, and has toned it down... here is this week's happy hour announcement:

"My peeps and I will be meeting around 1:30 - 2pm today. We'll be starting the day off with a potential fat ass lunch in prep to playing some pool and sipping on some pitchers of nice, cold, alcoholic beverages. All are welcome to join. . . . Can't say where the evening will take us, but regardless, it shall be good times."

He's getting better.

~C

CD of the moment:
Dimitri from Paris - "Cruising Altitude"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

(YAY) SO glad to know you took O.B. aside and let him know the deal. Though bits of crassness still linger in his email, he has taken note and made change. Good job!