5.16.2005

the office buffoon pt.2

So what do you do when the office Latino sends a firm-wide e-mail in Ebonics???

I am still unsure of how to handle this one, because I don't know dude like that yet... ya know?? Here was the e-mail..

"Yo, whazzzz up folks? Don't know what the plizan is fo' toenizite, but peep game aight. It's my homegirl's birthday today..... Yall may know her as A.K.A. Banna Eater!. Below is an invite to get together fo' dinner bout 8pm for a follow up to celebrate to birth of B.E., and of course, to have a great time.. Spot supposed to be pretty hip? Fo begginners, I'm proposing we get da drizank on; two for da price of one. Then we can all stagger on over to meet some more peeps in new turf, and partay some mizore. Alll are invited......oh yeaaaaaaah mami's....Please place response by duece tray for reservation purposes aight!"

...........

I mean ....................

.................. {{{{{{{ shrugs shoulders }}}}}}}}}}

what do I do?? He's one of the architects too??? I mean, he's one of the young architects like me, but.... .......... I don't know????..........

~C

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't even know what he said. I need a translator. Is he calling his girl a "banana eater"? Wha? I don't understand...what is he saying?

Anonymous said...

Does he talk this way all the time? I can't follow 1/2 of what he said either. Too bad there isn't a way to anonymously tell him the truth.

Anonymous said...

I'd be more worried if no one else in your office thinks he's got issues...what does that say about the rest of your co-workers?

Curtis said...

He only talks like that in his happy hour e-mails.. that's it.. I think he is trying to have some type of alter-ego or something...

I think nobody says anything because people here are relativel new... he's been here for a few years so feels like he's old school I guess??