6.02.2005

My sleep patterns are shit these days

So, my ladyfriend moved in last week, and I can't sleep for shit.

I'm not nervous or anything, but since she moved in, I haven't been able to sleep very well at all! Maybe it is just going to take some getting used to, you know, sharing the bed and all. Maybe it's the little things like the ability to belch and bust my ass whenever I want without getting 'the look' that has me all built up and unable to sleep... I dunno...

But with no sleep at night, I'm just exhausted during the day, so I come home from work and take a nap at like 7... wake up at 10.... end up awake until 2am, then get up again at 6:30. So technically I did get 7 hours of sleep, but not a consistent 7, so it just doesn't count...

I went out and dropped a chunk of change for a feathertop to make the bed extra comfortable, but I think all it did was make her snore.... or maybe she snored already?

I think it's just the idea of not expecting something to touch you in the middle of the night that just startles me and pseudo wakes me up in the middle of the night... or it could be the temperature differential that our bodies obviously possess (cold vs. hot)...

Also, am I relegated to this side of the bed from now on? This wasn't something that was negotiated, it just sort of happened on night one and stuck..

Those who are shacked up, help me out...

~C

CD of the moment: Edan - "Beauty and the Beat"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't really help you out because I poot on my friend whenever we sleep together. Yeah, he gets mad, but it keeps me regular. So I say poot on her. Eventually, she'll get used to it and if it changes ya'lls relationship, it's better that you know that now rather than later. Viva la poot!

Curtis said...

^^ this girl said "Viva La Poot"


{{{ shakes head and closes window }}}

Curtis said...

snook,

Three or more people???

I KNEW you got down like this!!! I am now trying to structure my day / time / energy so that by the time I go to bed, I'm tired as fu*k. But that becomes problematic as well as I end up staying up until 2am on school night... {{{sigh}}}