7.16.2002

funeral observations

“They really did a good job on him”

Why do people say this at funerals? ........ for real.........

I never quite understood this. I mean, folks die and they wait 7-8 days to
have the funeral, they can’t expect ole boy to have that Neutrogena shine
can they?

At my funeral, when you walk by the casket and see me with lipstick on, I
hope you keep it real and laugh at my ass. That’s right, I hope you laugh.
I usually think this to myself whenever I see a dude in a casket with
lipstick on. “If he only knew, they put lipstick on his ass” Is that really
the way you want to be remembered? All laid up in a suit w/ some pink
lipstick on. And it’s never any sort of flesh colored action going on, it’s
always some sort of neon pink glossy Crisco type stuff they put on folks'
lips.

Do you think if I wrote in my will to have my eyes propped open w/ my tongue
out as I lay in the casket they would do it?
That would be kinda messed up. I could terrify some little kids for life
don’t you think?. That's one way to be remembered.

-c

CD of the moment: Lake Trout - "Another One Lost"

No comments: