6.27.2006

House buying update #3

Well, the deal obviously ain't done yet.... Trust me, y'all would be the second to know (behind my momma).

So there had been a fire in the garage and it was missing it's roof. I knew this, and just planned on it being one of the things that I would try to get fixed right away.. See, I'm getting a house in a "decent" neighborhood below market value. There ain't anything really WRONG with the house, (besides the crackheads), it's just real old... so I jumped at the opportunity and figured it would just take a lot of sweat equity to bring it up to value... I didn't mind doing this.

Well apparently, after the fire in the garage, at some point the city has deemed the garage "condemned" and it shows up as part of the title.. What I've learned in this process is that it is very important to have a clean title. A "condemned garage" is not a clean title.. as a matter of fact, it turns out that not only will my lender not give me the money on the house, (which is kinda necessary for me to buy it), but also I can't get home insurance with the garage the way it is, so I wouldn't have received the loan anyway.

So no house yet.... I'll let you know when I know something...

~C

No comments: