6.09.2006

Home buying headaches


So I guess I DON'T have the house yet... Now I realize, you can agree on everything you want with someone, but without the bank's money, the deal is no good.

Problem #1: the appraisal came in lower than the purchase price and lists a number of things that are wrong with the house. My lender won't loan the money on the house without seeing these things get fixed....... SSSOOOO, I'm in a holding pattern, where the seller is mad that the appraisal came in low because now he has to lower his selling price to the appraisal amount (or I guess he could walk away from the deal).

Problem #2: so who is going to take care of all the things that need to get fixed?? The seller doesn't want to do it, I planned on doing it, but won't spend the money to get it fixed BEFORE I even own the house??? but SOMEONE has to fix it, or the lender ain't giving Curtis no money to buy it. Sure I could find a sub-par lender that would loan me money on the house, but I'm doing a full doc loan with an A-list lender to ensure it gets serviced properly and to help me get a better rate. Thus, their requirements for who they loan money to are a little more strict than most lenders.

I was going to post a few pics, but now I feel like I should just hold off, I don't want to get my (and your) hopes up for a house that I may never set foot in again...

On a GOOD note, if I do get the house....... THE TOILET FLUSHED!!!! WOO-HOO!!!! So we had the water turned on so that I could have the last part of the home inspection complted (testing the water pressure) and my lesbian home inspector gave me a disclaimer before (s)he went to flush the toilet that if it flooded and Wayne's shit went all over the place it was going to be all on me. (no pun intended) Luckily it flushed okay, so I now know (if I buy the house) if I happened to go out of town for a week and let someone stay in my crib while I was gone, if that someone would happen to shit in my toilet for an entire week without flushing it when I got home, the toilet would flush without incident..

... this is the sort of thing you can't normally test for except under the extreme circumstances of purchasing a crack house. My house will be the most durable house on the block!! So cross your fingers and pray everything works out because I really like this house, but if it doesn't, I'm sure I'll find something else..

~C

okay, here is one pic for you below.... this is the main stair case at the entry... all the millwork seems to be original and in great shape.. all of the openings in the house have the wood trim as you see in the foreground... but many of the walls also have the yellow, cigarette stained, painted, wood-panelling which I would tear down within the first 5 minutes of owning the house.

No comments: