11.27.2006

What happened to rock music?

Seriously... What in the fu*k happened to rock music?

I've been trying to find some good next shit to buy, but I don't like anything new??? Maybe it's me, but it all just sounds too "tiny" for me... Like, there's not enough ASS in it anymore.. You know what I'm saying? I'm tired of all this fluffy wuffy weak shit, i wanna take it back to the RAW. Rock is suffering from all these band trying to be on some 2000 Radiohead atmospheric bullshit...

I mean as atmospheric as the Smashing Pumpkins were, those MFers could ROCK OUT when they wanted to
!!! The spacey shit was always a set up for the blow your ass off crescendo which led to the ... you know what I'm saying right?! I miss that and the complete rawness of the Nirvana era... Hell, at one point I was secretly buying anything that was made by a band from Seattle... but what happened?

Maybe in this age of bedroom musicians, I think we've lost the art of making albums, concept albums, of mixing, of mastering your music and maybe thats why it all sounds like shit.. These youngins don't know nothing about mastering your shit the way Herb Powers or ...what'shisname... um... Brian Eno used to do!!! (I can't lie, I had to look that shit up..)

I'm so done with R&B and Hip-Hop its not even funny. All my Soul heroes
(D'Angelo, Maxwell, etc...) have disappeared, so I'm trying to get back into Rock, but its been hard... help a brotha out and recommend some good Rock music if you know any i should be checking for...

~C

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Curtis,

I'm a friend of Roxsand's and we met at your 4th of July rooftop party before you moved to DC. Anyway, I know how you feel about the rock music. I've been finding some good songs here and there but I rarely can ride to a whole CD. Here are some suggestions of artists who might have something you like.

Killswitch Engage
36 Crazyfists
My Chemical Romance
12 Stones
Drowning Pool
Cold

Let me know if any of these workout for you.

Cass
cass_ee@yahoo.com