3.22.2002

a couple more questions..

Keep the questions coming. I only have one or two more to answer.
-c
CD of the moment: Lake Trout - "Volume for the rest of it"

Q. If you could be an animal, what would you be and why?

A. Hmmmm, I would be a big ass cockroach. I’d live forever, have millions of friends, and it would be my duty to mate at an exponential rate. The problem would be all the damn kids, grandkids, great grandkids, etc…

Q. Dear Chronicles: At this point, the guys I meet fall into two categories: Category One are "guys who have always gotten ass" and Category Two are "guys who have just recently begun to get ass now that they're making money." While I'm sure you can't speak from personal experience, how does a woman ease the insecurities of the men in Category Two. (Not that I'm trying to heal the world, but the whining has to stop!)

A. Just ‘getting laid’ and looking for a relationship are two different things. Sometimes its fun to get laid--sometimes its sad and empty.

Sometimes the person you are attracted to opens their mouth and complete idiocy comes out--and you are frustrated that yet again, you have encountered another imbecile. It only serves to remind you that what you really crave is someone who can stimulate you on all levels.Challenge your brain--push you to new experience--and they are hard to find.

Quit fooling yourself. As much as you would like to believe you can, your impact on his demons (sexual demons) will be minimal. So unless you feel like giving it up all the time and playing the supportive role when the sex is downright disappointing time after time after time, I’d avoid Category #2 all together. I do. By the time you reach 27, you would hope that every person has had someone to rock their world and teach them or thing or two. Maybe you can be the teacher, I can’t. You don’t want to get looked at like a freak when you open up your sex drawer and they see all your toys. As long as yo! u can get over the insecurities that come with knowing that sex with you won’t be some special new experience, stick with the guys that know what they’re doing.

Q. Do you think your values and experience contribute to those upon which this (American) society has been founded? Do you think that the president is 'aggressively promoting' those values around the world? and if not, what are you doing about it? and if yes,! i would like to hear about it.

A. I usually keep my political views to myself for a number of reasons. First of all, I’ve been forced to vote Republican all of my life because of the nature of my father’s position working in state government. They could go and see what you and your family voted and if you didn’t actively campaign and vote for the boss (who was Republican) you knew they could replace you whenever they wanted. So every four years, my dad’s job was in jeopardy thus my college tuition fund, etc… was also in jeopardy, so it didn’t matter what I thought for the longest, because my vote HAD to be Republican.

Now that my dad is retired, I can vote for whoever I want. So since everyone in my dad’s office had to blindly follow whether they agreed or not, made me always feel like promoting a political stance in the workplace or in public for that matter is just simply a no-no. Either you look fake, are trying to get something from someone (Politics) and inevitably, someone is going to disagree with how you feel so I feel it’s wise to keep politics to myself. But since we’re all friends and family here, I’ll let you know how I really feel.

I think Bush is an absolute and complete idiot. I have to turn the channel every time I see him on TV, he makes me sick to my stomach. The values he promotes around the world is that image of the ‘Big Bad American’ that doesn’t give a shit about anything or anyone else unless it in some way is in him and his cronies’ best financial interest. There is no desire to do what is ‘right’, only what is financially viable. EX. By allowing the Israeli / Palestinian conflict to endure, it guarantees that Israel will continue to buy Apache Helicopters, weapons, etc… from us. Since the Palestinians don’t have anything we want, we are in no hurry to help them in their plight! and that is obvious.

So no, I don’t think the president’s agenda and the values he promotes around the world are a reflection of me at all. What am I going to do about it? When I travel overseas, I make it a point to not let people know I’m from the US unless they ask directly. I won’t even tell other US citizens I’m from the US because the rest of the world pretty much hates us, but the perception is that they can’t do anything about it. So part of it is that we’re the biggest and the baddest, and no one likes the king. But we don’t have to rub it in the face of the rest of the world how strong we are, and this is what I hate about what ! Bush does. We can make so much of a positive difference in so many places around the world, but instead we supply places like Israel which is about as big as Delaware with something crazy like 5million dollars a day!! What I do about is try to let people know that we’re all not like that. We understand the reasons they don’t like us and if there were more black people in Nebraska, Oklahoma, etc…. shit would be different.

More than anything, I think at this point, I just try to learn about why we do what appears to me to be absolutely and completely moronic and irrational in how we deal with the rest of the world. Knowledge truly is power, so by gaining a broad understanding of the “Why?” and “How?” we’ll be able to figure out what we can do to change things.

No comments: