4.12.2006

My manicure nightmare

Well this is the last time I'm going to "Lovely Nails" to get my manicure!!! Sheesh!!

I'm sayin, I know it's been a minute since I've been to get one, so my cuticles were slightly out of control, but ole girl has 6 out of my 10 fingers begging for mercy this morning.

They are so sensitive right now I can barely type! And you don't realize how often you bang your fingernails on shit until your cuticles are all sore and jacked up from a polynesian digging at your nails for 30 minutes.

The funny thing about it is, I don't know why they try and talk to me because as soon as I respond they just node their heads and smile, then start talking to the other manicurists in their native tongue... but it's that same nod and smile that they give you if you would've responded with some blabber about dog doo-doo.

her: "you cuticles bad."
me: "yeah, the last time I had a manicure was about 4 months ago so I've been meaning to get back out to get one for a while. So where are you from?"
her: ..... blank stare.... big smile.... nods head........
me: "............................ okay, I'll try to keep the conversation to a minimum."

I don't know what that shit is they put on your nails, but it makes my fingers feel like butter dude, for real. Ever since this friend of mine from Georgetown took me to get a manicure about 10 years ago, I've been hooked. I was in college and wanted to hang out with her, and she said, "well I'm going to get my nails done, wanna come with me??" ..and since at the time I wanted to hit it so bad I'd stoop low enough to go hang out and watch the girl get her nails done, I went with her.

Sensing my boredom, she bought me a manicure and afterwards I had my nails all shiny and polished with clear nail polish. I'd go out of my way to point at things to try to get people to look at my nails and shit.... what can I say, it was a whole new thing for me and I've been hooked ever since..

but I'm NOT going back to Lovely Nails.... got my fingers feeling all sore and stuff...

`C

No comments: