3.22.2006

Friends of friends (of friends)

Have you ever bumped into a friend of a friend of a friend when the common friend wasn't around?

So there was this girl in college that I knew, but I didn't really "KNOW"... knowhumsayin? So I was talking to the common friend not to long ago asking her about how all of her friends are doing, etc... And so I ask about her friend "Cindy" (name obviously changed), and she tells me that the last she heard, she had been hanging out a lot with this real exotic French guy. Her and the girls weren't really sure what was up, if there was a relationship or not, but with a little more prodding she tells me,

"and I hear he's working on a coffee table book of nudes, of which "Cindy" has been taking a lot of photographs for."

.... now, "Cindy" was pretty sexy. She had a nice body, but she acted like a goofball which kinda killed it for me. (plus I was trying to get with her friend from Atlanta).... but the thought of some long haired French guy taking nude photos of her kinda gave me a little rise I can't lie.

So there I am, in NYC checking out the Ellen Gallagher exhibit at the Whitney when I hear a rousing, "CURTIS!!!" from right next to me. So we're chatting it up for about 10-15 minutes with the usual "how you been, what you doing" crap, then we both kinda ran out of things to say.... but it was kinda too soon for us to part from each other since we had both given it up to someone the other person knew quite well... so in an unthinkable moment of mental lapse I say,

"So how did that coffee table book thing work out?"

... I was so shocked that it came out of my mouth, I honestly don't remember what she said.

~C

No comments: