3.02.2006

Da Chriz-onicles Beeyotches!!!!!


not sure what's going on in the world, but we just had another person resign today... That's like 3 people in 3 weeks and a couple more are coming...

I can understand the concerns to a degree. I work for a very demanding woman. Her expectation level for her employees is high, and I don't mind that. And when she see's shit, she lets you know, "that's shit." I like that in her. Some people would try to find a nice way to say things or don't feel like they should be talked to like that. I can understand that and if people's individual standards of integrity don't allow to be spoken to like that, then you have to do what you have to do.

She doesn't yell at me. The one time she did, I yelled back at her. Everyone that night at happy hour was saying "you're crazy dude!! I'd NEVER talk to her like that!!". My feeling was, if you're keeping real with me, then I'm going to keep it real with you. She hasn't yelled at me again. Actually, I'd say her and I have been cool ever since that day.

Personal integrity is one of those elusive things that defines who we each are to a certain degree and there is nothing really tangible you can point to, in order to prove to someone else how valuable it is to you and/or when your line has been crossed. But it definitely exists, and controls how we react in certain situations, etc..

It's sort of like "Visible" vs "Invisible" cultural traditions which speak to how each group decides to view / feel about history. Some cultures have very visible traditions and some cultures have very invisible traditions. For example, take the Parthenon in Greece. When you look at the replica in Nashville, Tennessee, you know it's a copy and somehow know that traditions that were used to build the one in Nashville weren't the same as the one's in ancient Greece. Take that when compared to the Japanese temple (name escapes me at the moment) that is made of wood and is just as old (if not older) than the Parthenon. So how has it stayed so beautiful over the years??? It is complete rebuilt every 20 years so that the traditions can pass from generation to generation.... thus "invisible cultural traditions" being maintained..

where the eff am I going with this?............ not sure. (and since when did I start censoring myself??)

................... other than to say, a lot of peopleI work with have big time problems with this place. So much so, that they've done something about it and are leaving. I respect these people and know how hard it is to leave. I worked at a company in Chicago about 2 1/2 years longer than I should have. But as much as I share the concerns of these people, I'm actually really content with the situation I'm in and feel that I can still grow here. (especially if more people leave!)
So the point of this is just to say, stay true to yourself and no one can define what that is for you, but you.


OH!!! I KNOW what I was going to talk about... these bastards in my class. dammit, ok. I'll tell this story next time. I'll leave you with a note I received from a student this week.

"This letter is to inform you of my absence from class on March 7, 2006. Please continue class without me in my absence. Thanks.."

... how nice of her.

~C


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Give that ho an 'A'!!!!!