2.10.2006

Gloves, Ebonics & stuff


So I wake up all early, ready to get to workbright and all first and shit on a Friday since I'm leaving early today.

Don't know if you know, but it's COLD AS FUCK in DC right now.. for DC that is. With wake-up weather hovering around 24 degrees it means I bundle up Chicago-bus-stop steelo for my walk to the train. Well I have some ugly gloves (big puffy ski shits), some Sunday's best gloves (stitched leather joints), and I have my cool gloves I never wear because they're not practical (finger tips cut off mitten type shits).

But today was a day for the WARM gloves, which I usually wear since they actually look pretty good. These are my Thinsulate joints I bought in Salzburg when I travelled to the Austrian mountains without really realizing how damn cold it was in the damn Alps! So it was definitely another day for those. Since I had been wearing them all week, I knew they would be laying around wear I undress when I walk in the door.

You know how after walking in the cold for like 10-15 minutes, you're cold as shit the entire time you're walking, then the moment you get inside in the heat with all the hat / gloves / scarf shit on, you're on FIRE!! and have to shed all your clothes immediately. Anyway, I went to that spot and could only find one damn glove.

I looked in pockets, the bathroom, the kitchen, fuckin everywhere for like 30 minutes!!! for this one glove!!! Now I was going to be late, wasn't going to have the right gloves on and was just frustrated and mad... Not only was my house now a mess, but it was still cold outside and I had lost one of my Austrian gloves. So I grab another pair of gloves, head out the door.

As I'm walking down the hallway to the stairs, what do I see in the middle of the hallway??

My damn glove.

Had been sitting in the hallway all night long from the moment I walked in the door from work the day before. So as happy as I am I found my other glove, now I have a tore up apartment to clean.

Anyway, here is this week's happy hour e-mail from the Ebonic Speaking Latino.

Enjoy!

~C

Re: Eightball Sipping. . . Friday night yo!!!

Whazzzz up to all my peeps yo!Aight, back to da basics.

Dis Friday nizite, fat thangs is poppin off kid. Night to begin in Adams Morgan . Excuse for Double 'H' is due for my Fu-Fu sipping, non-lunch dipping, homie EIGHTBALL! As all in-house staffies know, it will be the last we see of big hair in the office yo :) Holla!

Part two of the evening will bust down with the VOODOO VALENTINE efforts yo! Nathan but free drizanks till 11pm kid. All riders peep the link and follow instruction aight……….

Clock iz ticking . . . . .See yall there gangstas!

http://www.voodoovalentines.com/

No comments: