8.22.2005

work


Have you ever had so much work to do that you just quit trying to get it all done?

I almost reached that point last week. It just seemed like there was absolutely no way everything would get done so I just kinda shut down and hit the internet for a couple of hours. I am completely fascinated by the internet and always seem to find another site to explore. I have over 200 bookmarks and anytime I find an interesting site, I hit up the links page and find 2-3 more.

Here are a few I've been visiting lately: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

So in the midst of all of this craziness all around me, I find calm in my moments of nothingness, watching strangers on message boards bicker at one another, watching people take themselves way too serious and get offended way to easily. I find the people that go around and offend people online just as interesting because they recognize that it doesn't take much to get a group of people's panties all in a bunch, and actually enjoy starting shit. All they have to do is make some general statement like, "Tupac was wack, deal with it." and watch as the hilarity ensues. People will come out of nowhere to espouse the virtues of West Coast rap and retort with a commentary on Biggie...

I'm still working on developing a new site, but I can't decide on a name... Should it be funky? should it be professional? should it be ........

I actually have 2 website ideas currently, one for me personally where I can put my portfolio, DJ mixes and stuff. The other where me and all my architecture buddies can talk shit about the profession and do a little self promotion in the process...

School starts next week and I'm teaching a class I've never taught before so preparation has been pretty intense with lots and lots of reading going on.... I've spent more money on books than clothes and music combined this summer which is a new development in my spending habits.... but I end up with stacks of books to read which although ambitious, rarely would be more fun than a new pair of shoes...

~C

CD of the moment: Danny Krivit - "In The House"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's funny how you search the web as your form of escapism from a mountain of work. Ironically, I read, and sometimes re-read, your Chronicles when I need to "change the channel" for a minute...interesting...