4.11.2005

What's on Curt's mp3 player?

I recently received a question wanting to know what's on my mp3 player? It took me a minute to do, but here is a list of the artists in alphabetical order... If you see anything I'm missing that you feel is essential for my commute, please post it in the comments below. This list consists of about 3 gigs so far, so lots of room to add stuff...

For the record, I've refrained from putting any MJ on there until this whole trial thing is resolved... I realize I could still enjoy 'black michael', but am not really feeling him lately (HA!)...

Also, the new jobbers is cool, semester is almost over and Spring is here! I think life is pretty good right now! (If only I was fu*king more....)

I'll link up some of the lesser known artists when I have time, so you can check them out further. But if there is any one in particular you want to know about, just ask...

~C

A Tribe Called Quest
Africanism
Andy Caldwell
Andy Smith (Portishead's DJ)
Aquarian Dreams
Atjazz
Bah Samba
Belladonna
Ben Watt
Big Moses
Blaze
Cesar Camargo Mariano
Chez Damier
Common
Cricco Castelli
D'Angelo
Danny Krivit
David Byrne
Dennis Ferrer
Diana Ross
Dimitri from Paris
DJ Mark Farina
DJ Mark Grant
Doobie Brothers
Dubtribe Sound System
Erro
Erykah Badu
Federico Aubele
Floetry
Fred Everything
Gilles Peterson
Groove Junkies
Incognito
Jazzanova
Jennifer Renee Morrison
Jihad Muhammad
Joe Claussell
Kabuki
Kathy Brown
Kenny Carvajal
Kerri Chandler
Kimbu Kimra
King Britt
Koloko
Kristian Schultze
Kruder & Dorfmeister
Lafayette Afro Rock Band
Lisa Shaw
Little Louie Vega
Ludwig van Beethoven
Marcos Valle
Masters At work
Meshell Ndegeocello
Miguel Migs
Miles Davis
Mondo Grosso
Mos Def
Naked Music - Lost On Arrival
NERD
Nicola Conte

Notorious B.I.G.
Otto
Patricia Marx
Peven Everett
Plant Life
Prince
Pushim (Japanese)
Quentin Harris
Rasmus Faber

Redman
Reel People
Robert Randolph & The Family Band
Sa-Ra Creative Partners
Saint Germain
Saint Germaine Cafe des Pres
Salif Keita
Sammy Davis Jr.
Sarah Devine
Scritti Politti
Soul II soul
Soulfuric
Stephanie Cooke
Stevie Wonder
Sumo
Talib Kweli
The Poets of Rhythm
The Roots
The Rurals
Truby Trio

Various Artists

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you need some Portishead on there man!!

Anonymous said...

I'm was so through with most of today's hip hop and R&b that I hit I hit a wall and started listening to classical music (Classic Wynton by Wynton Marsalis)and blues (B.B. King and Freddie King), Classic Hip hop and even a little bluegrass. You are one the few people I trust when it comes to good music, so I'm going to check out some of the stuff on your list.

Curtis said...

Omar,

I hear you on leaving hip-hop... I realized that a while ago. You should check Giles Peterson. I think you'll dig his style. He's a DJ from London and has a weekly radio show where he plays everything from good Neo-Soul (I hate that term) to jazzy break beats. Check him out here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/urban/peterson/