3.29.2005

whew! that was hard.

Damn. That was hard.

Although I haven't always been the most honest with certain folks all of the time, I've changed my ways and am really trying to be honest all of the time. It just saves everyone involved the pain and drama.

So since I knew I was going to submit my resignation, I didn't want to just wait all day and then do it at the very end of the day. I knew that morning so I was going to just do it in the morning and let the chips fall as they may. It was suggested to me to resign at the end of the day, but holding it in all day was absolutely killing me.

I was just going to do it first thing, but bossman was running in and out to go to a presentation, then in and out to a meeting, then in and out...... you get the point. Finally at 5, he's back in his office...... then he gets on the phone for 30 minutes......

.... killing me.........

FINALLY, he comes out of his office and I just grab him and tell him I need to talk to him. I basically just laid it out there for him and was completely honest. It was hard because every other time I've left a job it's because I've left the city. I've never just left a job for my own personal job growth, etc... especially after only working at a place for a few months. I'm a pretty damn loyal employee, and as my friend pointed out, I think it stems from our generations parents.

Our parents got a job and stayed at that job .... forever. So loyalty from and to your employer has always been a constant theme throughout my family. This is true for many of my friend's families too, so our generation sees things a little bit differently... not quite sure why this is, but it seems to be the case.

So I'm currently on vacation.

~C

CD of the moment:
The Murgatroyd Trio - "Heavens"

No comments: