3.17.2005

Was there a deal on mulch last weekend??

I swear to God everywhere I've been I smell mulch this week!!

I've been in DC, MD, and VA and I swear, everytime I get out the car, get off the train, or roll down my window I smell the stank cow ass whiff of fresh mulch. Its like everyone got together and decided to dig up all the dead winter plants last weekend and cover everything with mulch...

I'm no horticulturalist, so I don't see the point, but aren't they going to come back and dig all that stuff up just to plant tulips and shit in the next couple weeks??

Not to mention, fresh mulch smells TERRIBLE!! It's nothing like that freshly cut grass smell so don't give me that shit.... mulch reminds me of my walks down to the pond at my grandfather's house down in mississippi. During these walks, you had to watch every single step you took in fear that you would be ankle deep in cow shit. I shouldn't EVER be reminded of Mississippi while I'm in DC except for my ocassional encounter with some bama ass local at a McDonalds or gas station.

gotdamn mulch smell singes your nose hairs and you end up smelling it for like the next hour or so.... then as soon as you get it out of your nose, you get to where you're going and there it is again, some more mulch...

...even the world MULCH is stupid. M - U - L - C - H .... don't even look right, it's an ugly word, aesthetically and sounds all rough and hill-billyish... nothing sexy about the world mulch... no sireee...

lastly, finally got my iriver mp3 player... it is quite loverly... loaded up and it's already almost 80% full... but I've quickly found out that I've downloaded a lot of bullshit so I'll be able to clear it out a little bit..

~C

CD of the moment: Erykah Badu - "Live"

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

mulch is THE worst thing about Spring....and nothing compares to the smell of freshly cut grass...

Anonymous said...

mulch is THE worst thing about Spring....and nothing compares to the smell of freshly cut grass...

Anonymous said...

mulch is THE worst thing about Spring....and nothing compares to the smell of freshly cut grass...

Anonymous said...

mulch is THE worst thing about Spring....and nothing compares to the smell of freshly cut grass...

Anonymous said...

mulch is THE worst thing about Spring....and nothing compares to the smell of freshly cut grass...

Curtis said...

I see you feel strongly about the issue...