3.09.2005

pissed off Italian chickadees

Hey, I'm sorry, we have a deadline.

me: You knew about the deadline last week before you decided to go to your little fancy shmancy dinner soiree. If you wouldn't have left early yesterday to get your hair 'did', maybe we would be a lot further along than we are. But since your hair was obviously a bigger priority to getting the work done yesterday, we can just stay late tonight and do it.

her: "but tonight is the party?"

me: .................... {{{ blank stare }}}}} ............

her: "we can't get it all done in time!"

me: oh... it's going to get done....

her: "how?"

me: well, standing here right now isn't helping you get anything done.... so I suggest you bust your ass today all day if you're really trying to go to this party.

her: "and if it's not done?"

me: well don't drink too much at your party, I'll be here waiting for your return.

her: ........... {{blank stare}}}...........

me: it's getting done tonight....

her: {{{{rolls eyes and storms off}}}}}

~C

CD of the moment:


"Cafe Roma" - an Italian Chill Out Experience

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm confused...is this a play? What the ????

Curtis said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Curtis said...

no, a conversation with a co-worker.

the whole thing speaks to my struggle with being authoritative over sexy Italian women..

Anonymous said...

yeah okay...

Thought you were working at Howard???

Curtis said...

I am, but that's my hustle on the side, not the main gig... you dig??

Anonymous said...

so...you working at a firm/what??

Curtis said...

yeah. who dis?