9.11.2004

80's crate dig

Every once in a while, some amazing shit happens to me.


One of the guys in the house, Mrs. Jeff, bought a house and is moving.
In the midst of his purge, he mentions he has all these records and he
doesn't know what to do with them. I suggest that I'll go through them
and see if I can take a few off of his hands.

If you knew Mrs. Jeff, you wouldn't think that his musical tastes would
extend much further beyond Madonna, cheesy dance music, and corny cross
dressing bands from the 80's. So I didn't have much hope, but figured
taking a look wouldn't hurt.

The following day he comes up to me and says, "You know what, you can
just have them. I don't want to carry them to the new place. I'd just
appreciate it if you could make me a few CD's of the good songs whenever
you get a chance." Still reluctant to take on 5 crates of records that
I'm expecting to be bullshit, I say "sure, why not."

I start to go through these records and not only are all of the records
in near mint - mint condition, but they are all from the 80's and most
are damn near impossible to find! I couldn't believe it!! The lesson
here is never to judge a book by her cover.

~C


Here is the best of the best:


12" - Pet Shop Boys - West End Girls
12" - Whitney Houston - So Emotional
12" - Tina Turner - typical male
12" - The Jets - Crush on you
12" - Raze - Break for love
12" - Jocelyn Brown - Ego maniac
12" - Starpoint - Object of My desire
12" - Gwen Guthrie - Aint nothin going on but the rent
12" - Nu Shooz - I can't wait
12" - Falco - Rock me amadeus
12" - Vanity - Under the Influence
12" - L.L. Cool J. - Rock the Bells!
12" - Al B. Sure - Nite and Day
12" - Vanessa Williams - The Right Stuff
12" - The system - Don't disturb this groove
12" - Lisa Lisa - Head to toe
12" - Morris Day - Oak Tree
12" - We Are the World
12" - New Edition - If it isn't love
12" - Bangles - Walk Like an Egyptian
12" - Simply Red - if you don't know me by now
12" - Alexander O'neal ft Cherelle - Never knew love like this
12" - Jody Watley - Looking for a new love
12" - Whitney Houston - I wanna dance w/ somebody
12" - Michael jackson - The Way you make me feel
12" - Bananarama - Venus
12" - Power Station - Some Like it hot
12" - janet jackson – nasty
LP - Midnight Star - No Parking on the dance floor
LP - Midnight Star - Planetary Invasion
LP - Midnight Star - Headlines
LP - Flashdance original motion picture sountrack
LP - Lisa Lisa & Cult Jam - Spanish Fly
LP - Lisa Lisa & Full force (w/ I wonder if i take you home)
LP - Culture club - colour by numbers
LP - Footloose original sountrack
LP - Beverly Hills Cop original sountrack
LP - Bright lights big city sountrack (w/ Prince - good love)
LP - Prince - Purple Rain
12" - Mtume - Juicy Fruit
LP - Whodini - Escape
LP - New Edition - Heartbreak
12" - David Bowie - Let's Dance
LP - Shalamar - The Look
LP - Klymaxx - Meeting in the Ladies Room
LP - Cyndi Lauper - She's so unusual
LP - Prince - Sign 'o' the times
LP - the clash - combat rock
LP - Levert - The Big Throwdown
LP - Keith Sweat - make it last forever
LP - Tina Turner - Private Dancer
LP - John Cougar mellencamp - Uh-Huh
LP - Def Leppard - Pyromania
LP - A-ha - Hunting High & Low
LP - Kashif - Love Changes
12" - Janet Jackson - Control
12" - Terence Trent D'Arby - Wishing Well
12" - Pebbles - Girlfriend
12" - Janet Jackson - What Have you done for me lately
12" - Gregory Aboot - Shake you down
12" - Neneh Cherry - Buffalo Stance
12" - Patti Austin - The heat of heat
12" - Information Society - What's On your mind
12" - The Cover Girls - Because of You
12" - L'Trimm - Grab it
12" - L.L. Cool J - Going back to Cali
12" - Herb Alpert - Diamonds
12" - Cherrele w/ alexander o'neal - saturday love
12" - J.J. Fad - Supersonic (ORIGINAL!)
12" - Erasure - Victim of Love
12" - INXS - What you need
12" - Duran Duran - Notorious
12" - Miami Sound Machine - Congo
12" - Tears for fears - Shout
12" - Jody Watley - Don't you want me
12" - Keith Sweat - I want her
12" - Chaka Kahn - I feel for you
12" - Sheila E - Koo Koo
12" - Salt N pepa - Tramp
12" - T'Pau - Heart & soul
12" - Pajama Party - Yo No Se
LP - Human League - Fascination
LP - Spandau Ballet - Singles Collection
LP - Michael Jackson - Bad
LP - Culture Club - The first four years
LP - Angela Bofill - Teaser
LP - Freddie Jackson - Just like the first time
LP - Sade - Promise
LP - Club Nuveau - Life, Love & Pain
LP - Shannon - Do you wanna get away
12" - Shannon - Let the music play
LP - Michael Jackson - Thriller
LP - Wham!UK - Fantastic
LP - Wham! - Music from the edge of heaven
LP - Wham! - Make it big
LP - Cheryl Lynn - Preppie
12" - Eurythmics - Sweet Dreams
LP - 10,000 Maniacs - In My tribe
LP - Eurythmics - Touch

No comments: