6.11.2007

Taking a break

So I decided about a week ago that I needed a vacation.... needed to get out of the country for a bit, but wasn't quite sure where to go or who to go with. I've had this free weeklong stay in a timeshare burning a hole in my pocket for 5 months now, so I finally decided to use it.

I was looking at Brazil, Uruguay, Argentina, & Peru extensively, but its winter there now... Even though I swore I'd go to South America next, it just didn't seem like the right time... and I need a vacation now!

So I called and asked them what type of availability they had in Europe this summer and she gave the whole "its real tight and almost everything is booked" speech. Then she found a week long stay at a Thalasso therapy spa (seaweed wraps and shit) on an island in the Atlantic Ocean, just off the coast of France. So I said fu*k it and booked it... but I have to be there in two weeks...

So I started looking into plane tickets into Paris which were like $1600!!! ... just out of control... so at first I thought that I was just going to lose the free week, then I decided to look at other airports and found a flight to London for $750. Cool. I know the trains in Europe like the back of my hand and this gives me the chance to see those sexy British chics I met in New York a couple of weeks ago. THEN, I start doing a little research and find out that Zaha Hadid's first comprehensive show in London opens on the day i arrive! So I'll be getting my freak on as well as my Architecture...

So it was fate, I'll be rubbing shoulders with her heiness in a few weeks so don't hate. ;)

Then I was talking to my girl from Cali whose birthday is a day apart from mine and she says, "I wanna go!"... I told her cool, but she's travelling Curtis steelo... one bag only, architecture from the butt crack of dawn until dusk , then late nights of great food and drinks with very little sleep before we get up and do it again! and she said "cool." So me and my homie from '92 will be rolling through the French countryside in a Benz rental in a few weeks.

The bad thing is the resort is a little off the beaten path and my vacations are like intense architecture immersions with little time to relax, so maybe thats a good thing since it may force me to sit still... I'll be broke as hell afterwards, but I need it though... Since all of my other international vacation plans fell through, I just decided to do it and book a trip...

maybe I'll finally start my book....


~C

No comments: