6.14.2007

My trip is coming together

Wow, its funny how things just sort of fall into place from time to time... I'm hoping that this is some of that good karma coming back to me.

I checked the local London listings for the day I arrive and I am really lucking out... After the Zaha Hadid show and a stroll through the Tate Modern, I'll be able to catch Soil & Pimp Sessions who are quickly becoming my favorite Japanese band, are performing at the Jazz Cafe. Then I'll have to choose between a Jazzanova DJ set or the legendary Soul Heaven party. I want to do the Soul Heaven party, but they're guest DJ this month is from Chicago... :(

I've done Paris a few times, but my travelling partner has not, so not sure how I'll talk her out of spending a bunch of time there yet, but my plan is to get out of Paris as quickly as possible. I've never done anything but the major cities in France, so this one is going to be a bit different since I've mapped out several amazing cathedrals in small town France.

As much as my students get on my nerves from time to time, I have learned some shit about architectural history that i wouldn't have if I wasn't teaching the class. So when I was doing Gothic last year, I came across a bit that explained that the cathedrals are spaced exactly 1/2 day of foot / wagon travel apart from each other along the pilgrimage route to Santiago de Compostella. This was the Christian equivalent back in the day of an Muslim's trip to Mecca. I've mapped out the most amazing ones which we should be able to hit pretty quickly since we'll be in a car.

The only thing I'm really planning on spending money on is food. I love food and not being a connoisseur of French food places me at a bit of a disadvantage, so in my research, I figure if the restaurant looks cool, then I can get my design on and my grub on at the same time.

AND, on my way back, if I get back to London quick enough, I'll be able to catch the opening day of the Tour de France! Not sure if it would be that exciting without Sheryl Crow there, but it could be another feather to put in the cap. On the off chance that I'm ever around anyone when its on TV I can sound real egotistical and say, "I've been to Le Tour.".... how obnoxious... French just sounds so pompous when you hear it, oh well, I better get used to it.

I really don't have anything to say, just rubbing it that I'm going to France and you're not. ;) I was doing pretty good about getting out of the country every year, but now its moved to every other year. My ex used to try to leave the country like twice a year... she'd do it too on frequent flyer miles and shit. I wonder where she went this year... I'm sure she's left the country at least once this year.... I wonder how most of my ex-girlfriends are doing... I think of them quite often now that I'm single.

Out of the blue earlier this week an ex from like 1994 tracked me down and dropped me an email .. I haven't wrote her back yet because I'm not sure what to say? ....not sure how that conversation would go.... "So do you still take it in the ass?" might not be an appropriate question, but thats the one thing that stands out to me from her... isn't that ridiculous? I mean, she was the first girl to ever say to me, "I want you to put it in my ass." .... I was like, you want me to put it where? But that's the standout memory for me about her....

Anyway, to rub it in... here are a few of the architectural sites, I've mapped out and am considering trying to get to on the Western France countryside tour...

~C

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/12967
http://www.panoramio.com/photo/1252252
http://www.panoramio.com/photo/631837
http://www.panoramio.com/photo/413269
http://www.panoramio.com/photo/156827
http://www.panoramio.com/photo/1856302

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was in Paris a couple of years ago the La Cathedrale is very beautiful inside.

Curtis said...

to answer the third anonymous comment... Anal sex is all about trust. The female is showing that she trusts her partner, and the man is showing that he is not going to take advantage of that trust...

Its all about stopping if it hurts, taking your time, being careful and being safe.... If you are a female, asking your man to do so shows him that you trust him... If you are male and your woman asks you to do it, it means she trusts you're not going to just bang it out... or, she's a freak. you never know..