1.09.2007

I'm baaaaaaaaack!!!!


What it is?

I'm bout to give you the low down shmowdown on somethin' that has been botherin' me since I visited my homies back in Springpatch...

..... sorry... just came from hanging out with my students and had a conversation with one of my students and couldn't resist.. When I was handing back the final papers from last semester to the students who are now taking part deux of my class, a student came to me afterwards and couldn't understand why I gave him a "C". I told him for starters, the sentence, "Basically, Baroque architecture is just the hotness!!" has no place in a scholarly paper. He thinks he's keeping it real, I say he's keeping it real dumb.

And when the hell did bluetooth headsets become jewelry? I asked this guy to take his off because the freakin' blinking blue light was bothering me!!! He goes, "You just said we had to turn our phones off and my phone is off." This is true, so how about I'm adding a new rule, no blinking blue lights in my face while I'm lecturing. No blue lights at all whether they're blinking or not! What the hell? These things aren't sexy!?

I was at dinner not to long ago and saw two people sitting down together and they both had they're blinking blue lights in their ears for the whole dinner!!? Do you know how silly, not to mention rude that is??? It is as if, I have to be ready at any moment to take a call from anyone because it may be more important than this time I'm spending here right now with you.

I just feel like we are getting less and less connected from each other in this IPOD technologically sophisticated world. The fact that we have to deal with people less and less has translated into a severe shortage of individuals with people skills. You see it whenever you have to interact with someone somewhere... gas stations, restaurants, wherever... its sad.

Next time you go out to eat with someone, turn your phones off and just enjoy the company of the person you're with.

In other news, It looks like I'm going to go from having a completely empty house to having two roommates. Two very close friends have stumbled into situations they didn't plan on being in and despite me not being completely done with everything and still not having heat (other than portable heaters) they're both moving in. It's cool, I'm at my girl's house 90% of the time anyway so it's not like it really changes anything for me. It'll actually be nice to have people to drink with when I go to my house.

I also had a couple squirrels move into my front porch... bitches... but you know as soon as you get ready to do some evil shit to a squirrel, you have second thoughts... do you notice this?? Because you know, if that squirrel decided to, he could probably fu*k you up. I know a guy who had a squirrel get into his house, twice!! He screamed like a little bitch too when that MFer came out from behind a box of Vanilla wafers.... (why do we insist on saying vanilla, when clearly the box says "Nilla wafers"? I ain't never heard nobody call them shits NILLA wafers)

They don't know, my family is country, my dad used to hunt squirrels... tastes like chicken.

~C

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL...I missed this :)

HAPPY New Year!

AMEN re the lack of human interaction...not looking like it'll get any better with the new Apple phone coming out ;(