12.14.2006

It's CHRISTMAS season


If it weren't for CHRISTMAS, there would be no need to create an antithesis to it. There would be no push to put up a menorrah or a kwanzah candle, or a buddhist monk, or a racoon booty skin for whatever else you worship other than Christianity. So lets stop trying to include everybody in this one holiday all right?

This is the CHRISTMAS season, it always has been, it always will be. Now, personally, I can't stand the season, as you are perpetually beaten over the head with the requirement to buy everyone gifts at this time of year, not to mention the god awful music that you hear everywhere you go. I heard Christmas music in the freakin Indian Subway the other day!! I suppose they are catering to their customers desires, but they're Hindu for Punjab's sake!!!

Starbucks is the worst. You can't buy anything without being reminded of the holiday, even the damn rice krispy treats have red and green on them... blasphemy to screw up a classic American desert like that. But at LEAST they're not hiding the fact that they're celebrating Christmas. I mean do the Jews integrate peppermint into their knishes, kugels, kibbles and bits? I don't think so, so all of the peppermint mochas and stuff are for the CHRISTMAS season... and I betcha Starbucks is ran by a bunch of Jews.

Speaking of Starbucks, I'm a really good tipper to any bartender that is going to get me fu*ked up. But I don't see the point of tipping the barrista at Starbucks?? What are you doing besides raping me over the coals by charging me and extra 40 cents for soy milk, an extra 30 cents for extra chai on top of the $4 you're already charging me??? And I don't even get a buzz??? I dated a chick that worked at Starbucks once and if I remember correctly she made pretty good money on tips... it didn't matter since the whole staff was on X half the time anyway, but I still don't see the point... Sure I'm getting raped even worse on the price of a drink but I'm also tipping a bartender to listen to my problems, and make me feel welcome.

maybe if i ordered blended drinks that take some effort... that might deserve a tip...

It's like when I buy a sandwich at lunch time with my checkcard, there is a little place on there for me to give a tip. I find that ridiculous. But I suppose it begs the question on whether or not there are certain levels of service that don't require a tip even though their asking for one... I would rather leave a tip for the immigrant who empties my trash at the office every day. Now THAT, to me is a service I wouldn't want to be without. I'm going to start leaving a couble bills at the bottom of the trash can.

But if I'm out at a nice restaurant I tip well... Since I usually only drink where I know the bartenders, all the money I would've saved on my drink hookups end up going back into their pocket anyway..

.... Have you tried this Omega-3 Fish Oil supplement yet?? I got an email from a cousin that said since he started taking it, he hasn't had a cold in 3 years. i dunno, it just gives me gas, but maybe it has to clear out my system first before it starts working... it's not a good look for me, the new employee to be blowing it up in my pod... not to mention the time I shit on my co-worker's shoes. So I think I'm going to leave the Omega 3 alone. I think i know who's shoes they were now.. there is this one dude who doesn't say much to me... I think it's him, but I just smile and say hi as if, "it couldn't have been that nice black guy who shit on my shoes, could it?"

Merry Christmas all. I'm sure I'll have some good holiday stories about the fam soon..

~c

No comments: