1.12.2006

an additional "R", "S", or "C"?


Don't ask me why, but I had a thought that I should add another R into my name.

like................ Currtis.

The only mistake anyone ever makes when spelling my name is sometimes a "K" is used intead of a "C". The only time you spell your name is when you're giving it to someone over the phone.... Or I suppose when you send it out on a resume or something.. (have you read the article about how black names on resumes are less likely to get called in for interviews?)

But how much fun would it be to correct people all the time about how you spell your name?? I can see it now

"Yes my name is Currtis"
"With a C or a K?"
"A 'C' and 2 'R's"
"What?

Or if I was a homosexual, I could consider adding an extra 'S' or three..... Curtissss.

... that sounds gay as shit don't it?

"What's your name?"
"Curtissss"

that's a little TOO extra for me....
... I think I'll stick with the extra R... it kinda is on some "Heeerrrrrrrrrre's Johnny!!" type shit when you say my full name together...

Or if I was really into scratching (DJ steelo) I could add a few C's to the beginning of my name...

"C- C- C- C- C- C- Curtis"

but then I'd always have to go into this "hand on a turntable like motion" every time I wanted to say my name... I could never say my name with a straight face, or in church, or out at a club when you meet a nice, sexy, sophisticated lady....

"Why hello beautiful, what is your name?"
{{{{{{ smiles }}}}}}} "my name is ____(insert sexy normal sounding name here)___. Yours?"

"who, me? ............. me?

{{{spotlight's shine, Microphone falls out of sky, I close my eyes and give a dramatic pause}}}

"MY NAAAAAAME IS ..............

.
.
.
.

C- C- C- C- C- C- C- C- C- C- C- CURRTISSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!"

... yeah, I don't think that would be too cool..

~C


No comments: