2.09.2005

maya who?


mayawho
Originally uploaded by cinnamon.stick.

I saw an amazing show last night!

I know I've shared with some on my feelings that the Brand New Heavies were exactly what music needed when they arrived and their existence is what allowed groups like Jamiroquai to blow up.

And, the Heavies couldn't be fu*ked with in concert (except for maybe Prince, but who's fu*king with Prince??) Well, there is a certain feeling you get when your at a show and the magic of the music, of the artist, of the vibe just takes over you. It's almost orgasmic in a way... or maybe more like that first time cigarette smoker buzz... but it's just that thing that makes you step back, slow down and say, "whoa..."

I get it everytime I see Prince live. I REALLY got it when I saw Sade. But she oozes so much gotdamn sex appeal it's almost sickening. Well, I ALMOST got it last night. ALMOST!! And for someone who I had never heard of before a week ago, didn't know not nan one of the songs I was listening to... and to STILL almost get that feeling is saying a lot IMHO.

Her name is Maya Azucena and the album is called Maya Who? She's a beast on stage with stage presence to boot. I haven't listened to the CD yet, but I bought two, just in case...

Yes, she was that good.

~C

Instead of posting a CD of the moment and hoping you go out and cop them, I'm going to try posting up songs that you can DL... this way I'm putting that shit straight into your ear like now!!! Also, a friend of pointed out to me, you can't expect people to keep up with your CD buying habit. This is why I've tried to send you to Amazon since they have music samples most of the time.

Anyway, click on the link and it will take you to a site where you can download the track for free.

Song of the moment: United Future Organization - "Listen Love" (Yoruba Soul Mix)


No comments: