11.14.2004

Where has Curtis been?

I had a feeling the election would go the other way. I really did. Even when I posted my Kerry prediction, it was an act of faith rather than what my gut was telling me.... so in anticipation of this event and since I had some time off before I started my new job, I booked a flight to Europe.

So he won on Tuesday, I was on the plane on Thursday, just to get away... it was very depressing. I mean, I was much more depressed than I thought I would be about Bush winning. It really took it's toll on me. I suspected it might, but not the way it did. So after finding out Wednesday morning that he won, I was on the plane not more than 24 hours later. I just got back last night and start work at my new job tomorrow.

I had an amazing time and it was good to take my mind off of the whole Bush win. I was able to do research for my class, and get some well needed rest and relaxation.

I'll write a full report later, but basically here is the scoop:

Flew into Zurich and spent the day with my main man Johann.
overnight train to Vienna
Spent all day and night in Vienna
woke up early to catch a train to Salzburg
spent about 3-4 hours in Salzburg, then rode up to Munich
Stayed with my good friend Karin and her new husband, drank a lot of good beer before a good nights rest
woke up late, spent all day in Munich, then went back to the house for sleep.
an exhausting journey of train, bus, train, train, bus to Vals
spent two days in heaven at the Vals Therme (www.therme-vals.ch)
from Vals to Luzerne
woke up early and took the train to Lugano
spent the day in Lugano, then back up to Zurich to sleep before flying out in the AM

from the hotel in Zurich to my current home in Hyattsville took an exhausting 18 hours.

I slept like a baby last night...

I'll try to write more about the trip later...

~C

CD of the moment - George Duke - "greatest hits" (this CD is worth it for the first track alone! 'dukie stick')

No comments: