5.05.2004

I know I can do a backflip

How hard can it be to do a backflip?


For real, I think a backflip is 99% balls, 1% skill. I bet I could do one
right now if I just swallowed my fear of paralysis and went for it.

You don't even have to touch anything! You just jump up into the air
and...spin around backwards.

I'm gonna learn how to do a backflip, and whip it out at parties and
whatnot.

Deep down, I really don't think I could do it though, and I used to be a
pretty athletic dude.

I used to try to do one off of a springboard at this one cats pool back in
high school and would overturn it from time to time. Actually, it would
probably be easier to do a forward flip.

You just sprint about 20 yards, throw your feet in the air and BLAM! I'm
sure the forward thrust would probably send me tumbling forward, but I bet I
could at least get my feet all the way over my head.

My landing would be pretty shitty though.

I remember back flips being status symbols during childhood. Being able to
do a back flip made you distinguishable among the other local kids, who
could only manage a horrible "back twist" or something. It was always that
bitch-like dude that could pull it off too, and then all the lil third grade
hoes would think he was so cool.

There was this kid named Brandon that could do them off of buildings and
shit. I can't lie, I was jealous of the lil popularity boost it gave him.

I used to be able to do that certain Kid N Play dance. You know, the "hop
over your leg" thingy. I broke that shit out at Homecoming back in '91 and
all the white folks were in a circle cheering me on. What a fucking herb
move..... I swore I was the shit to with my polka dotted skidz and shit....

I'm going to pass on the flip thing. I'm too old to break my hip and ruin
whats left of my fuck game!

~C

CD of the moment: Miguel Migs - Southport Weekender

No comments: