1.24.2003

chess games with the man

So the chess game begins........


Waiting for bossman to respond to my verbal request to see if I was
overlooked for the promotion, I sent an e-mail asking again. Since I sent
the e-mail he has absolutely and completely ignored me. I mean to the point
where he will stand next to me and talk to everyone around me.

I just laugh it off though because this is starting to get good. Our
company is teamed up with a minority firm to do a big masterplan project for
a local college, and this older african-american architect has taken it upon
himself to take an interest in how the younger black architects in the
office are doing, etc.... So when he could sense something was wrong, he
took me out to lunch and we talked about it.

Without me knowing, he goes to the president of the company to talk about
the situation............. and the president already knew about it. So I
think my boss is covering his bases, because I'm cool with the big dawg.
All the while completely ignoring me. This has been going on for 3 weeks
now.

As I look across the chess board, I'm planning what my next move should be.
I'm thinking at this point a formal request to sit down with me would piss
him off, but it would make him sit down and tell me to my face why he didn't
give the promotion which I'm assumming he doesn't want to do. I have my
cover letters done and am redoing my resume now, just in case this fool
wants to act ignorant.

I'm definitely trying to leave no matter what, but I'll leave letting these
MF"s know not to fuck with folks. I have to be careful because I can't
financially afford to be without a job at this point, so I'm just rocking
the boat a little, but only as a prelude to jumping ship and joining a
different crew.

-c

CD of the moment: Brother Jack McDuff - "Moon Rappin'"

No comments: