10.14.2002

the man's foot on my neck

I was all set to write up a big thing about how black people are too damn

mad. I was walking down the street and all the black folks I saw were just
looking ANGRY. Mad at the world, chips on their shoulders, looking all
oppressed and shit. But then I start thinking, are black people really too
mad? Or are white people just too damn chipper?

I can't make up my mind.

I've been having these weird dreams about getting robbed. I hope it's not
some type of deja vu or some shit. I never have these thoughts when I'm
walking home cutting through alleys after dark on my way home from work,
just when I'm in the safe confines of my own home. Is it a reflection of
some sort of fear?? Fear of losing what I have (which isn't much.), fear of
some sort of physical abuse being afflicted upon me, fear of having to
cancel all my accounts, credit cards, etc... I'm not quite sure. I never
usually remember my dreams, so that makes this extra specially weird.

No one get shot by the sniper today, so that is a good thing. Maybe he/she
will just stop at 10 and call it a day. (and yes, I believe it might be a
woman!)

This work shit has got to stop...... I need a plan that will allow me to
stop working in about 10 years. If anyone has any great ideas, let me know.
I'm thinking there has to be some sort of great mathmetician that has
figured out some sort of probability statistics for the lottery. If you
know of such a man, give me his number.

The CD I've been waiting for all year is coming out tomorrow, Red Hot &
Riot. It is a tribute to Fela Kuti by all SORTS of folks. If I ever highly
recommend a CD, this would be it.

These MF's around here want to pass a brotha up for the important tasks and
try to stick me with the stairs and shit, I'm about to make some waves
around here, because this shit can't become a habit. The boss is in
tomorrow, so he'll have to be the one to receive my wrath. I don't want to
make too much noise because bonus/raise time is right around the corner, but
these folks have got to KNOW!!! I am more than a stair and elevator guy, I
deserve better and won't accept anything less.

Sometimes I think they just do that shit without thinking... 'Hey let's give
the boring, production task to Curtis because he'll get it done fast and all
the design thinking tasks to these guys who are younger than him and have
less experience than him, yeah that makes sense.' .... my ass.

-c

No comments: