10.11.2002

frequent flier miles

. so this MF was smoking a Swisher Sweet cigar on his smoke break…. (you

know the ones with the white plastic tips)… since when did cheap cigars from
Walgreens become the recreational smoke of choice?

… and did you hear that they turned down Snoop Dogg’s request to be on
Sesame Street? Apparently, they were all set to let him do it, then the
word got out and folks protested PBS and got their way.

… Who protests against PBS anyway??? I mean, Snoop is not #1 on the list of
people I’d like reading to my kids, but still…..

I signed up a year ago for this joint program between Spring long distance
and Northwest Airlines frequent flier miles and forgot about it. Well since
I’ve had the service for over a year they gave me 10,000 miles, plus I
received 5,000 6 months ago, and 5,000 when I first joined, AND 1 mile for
every dollar I’ve spent on long distance in the past year. So when I found
out yesterday I have enough miles for a free ticket I was pretty surprised.

The list of places for me to go is currently the following: Rio de Janeiro,
Brazil ; Buenos Aires, Argentina ; Switzerland ; Barcelona, Spain ; and
Peru. So I have to somehow come up with a way to choose. All of the south
America locations are pretty cheap once I get there, so it won’t be much
money out of my pocket. I’ve been to Spain and Switzerland, but want to go
back. I really need a vacation too, so this couldn’t have come at a better
time.

If anyone has some vacation time coming and is interested in doing a little
globe-trotting, let me know.

-c

CD of the moment: Djinji Brown – “Sirround Sound”

No comments: