5.14.2006

Strippers in public

So, what do you say when you bump into a stripper on the street?

I was walking down the street minding my own business when a sexy lady stopped me and said, "Hey Curtis!" At first, I couldn't remember where I knew her from, so I'm playing it off like I remember her, "HEEEEEEYYYYYYYY!!!! What's going on??? How have you been?" etc... So after chatting it up for a few minutes of BS, it hit me where I knew her from! The Royal Palace!

It wasn't until I asked, "Hows the job going?" when her answer clued me in. She was talking about how slow its been, but she had one of her regulars who comes in and always tries to take her home hit her off with $500 just to sit, hang out and talk with her all night. I'm thinking to myself, damn, BS conversation for 5 bills??!!! I could do this shit!!

The Royal Palace is a hole in the wall strip joint nearby where I work and if I get off late and want to have a beer and unwind a bit, I go there from time to time. I figure, I could have a beer in a bar where I don't know anyone and be all by myself, OR I could have a beer in a bar where I don't know anyone, be all by myself, and have some titties in my face. The choice is an easy one.

So as we're chatting I realize this is one of the hardest conversations to have! But then I realize she has the same problems we all have. The feeling of being overworked and underpaid seems to permeate all of our jobs, and she was no exception. All of the hours in the gym making sure she stays fit, the inability to eat whatever you want, and of course work drama. Some girl stole one of her shoes because one of the regulars likes her now instead of Passion.

I was going to ask her what her real name was, but then it dawned on me that I didn't really care. I much prefer her as background titty for my after-work drink than one of my homies that I can go kick it with. I realize that might sound harsh, but if I'm hanging out with some strippers... nevermind....

She asked me when I was going to come and see her again and I told her soon, but now its going to be weird I think... When I used to bartend there was a crew of strippers that used to come in after they got off work, but THAT was cool because I knew they were strippers and nobody else did... the whole "I know something you don't know" thing has an empowering feeling about it... They were always good tippers too....

So I'm rethinking me feelings about strip clubs. This girl ruined it for me and no longer lets me go and let the ladies simply be objects to me. I've always treated the ladies with the utmost respect whenever I go, but in my mind, they were still objects trying to extract as much cash out of my pocket as possible... now I don't feel that way, they are being exploited by "the man" (no pun intended) just trying to make a dollar like you and me.

Lesson learned: Strippers are people too.

No comments: