12.29.2005

oh how time doesn't fly...

Yesterday, I came in to work hungover like shit. All the way into work I was thinking about how I was going to get off on the opposite side of the train than I normally do just so I can walk the long way and pass Burger King to get a couple of those Croissanwiches to soak up the Jack....

I get all the way to the doors of the Burger King......... and that mother fucker went out of business...

Can you believe that shit??? I was too hungover to notice that the words "Burger King" no longer were printed on the awning or the window. It wasn't until I tried to open the door did I notice the lights were off..


8:15am - walked in the door to a flurry of e-mails, looks like it's going to be a busy day...

11:00am - I looked at my watch and it was like 11:00am already and I thought to myself,

"Self, how did the first 3 hours of this day has zoom by so quickly?? It's almost lunch time!"

11:45am - 3 hours later, I looked at my watch and it was only 11:45... SHIT!!

11:55am - 10 minutes later a reminder popped up on my screen for a lunch presentation I had signed up for 2 weeks ago........ WOO-HOOO!!!! FREE LUNCH!!!

1:30pm - the "-itis" kicks in

2:00pm- go to grocery store without a coat and get a red bull... see bike messenger almost come to blows with a pedestrian.

3:30pm - WHAT THE HELL IS IN THIS RED BULL??!! .... got my hands trembling and shit...

3:45pm - no way only 15 minutes just passed.... browse internet for watch batteries...

5:10pm - "yeah, I have to leave early to take my bird to the vet." I figure since I don't have any kids to use an excuse to leave work, I'll use what I have.

5:12pm - walk out the door for the day.

5:22pm - took the long walk to the train to blow a kiss to the space formerly known as burger king. "see ya in the suburbs Mr. King...."

~C


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You still have that bird???

Curtis said...

I'll have that bird forever... it'll probably outlive me!!

why, are you interested in acquiring an African Grey parrot???

Anonymous said...

Hecky naw, just remember you having it when you lived in Chicago