8.11.2004

Getting spanked at Galaga

Galaga was my shit back in the day.  You know, the pinnacle of space

invaders type games, where you shoot the flying birds, bumblebees and shit.
I used to play the hell out of that game. I even knew where the one was in
the city where you could just hold the button down the whole time without
hitting it over and over again, so you would have like an automatic machine
gun. I had played it so much that i knew which side of the screen the next
things were going to fly in from.

I was the shit at Galaga.

So I'm out at the movies and while I'm standing in line for the concession
stand, she starts playing a game of Galaga. I'm like damn, "it must be a
connection from above." So she says, "hey, you wanna play a game?" I look
at her and say are you sure you want to play this one? .... my shit?.... and
she's like "sure, why not".

She says, "I used to love this game!!" I was like "Are you sure you want to
play this? because I'll just kick your ass and it won't be any fun for you."
I was still trying to determine if I should let her win or really spank
her to show her that not only am I a great guy, but I'm good at Galaga too.
So she makes me start off, "to make sure I remember how to play...." Once
she started talking a little shit, no matter how little she was playing
around, I went into "It's on!" mode and the I must win attitude in me just
took over.

So I start off, was picked up by the super hawk rays where they take your
ship away and then when you shoot the hawk in motion, you get a double
guy.. double the fire power and virtually guaranteed perfect score during
the 'challenging stages'.. So I'm moving along kicking ass, then she goes,
"You're about to die."

not but two seconds later..... I die and it's her turn...

At this point, I still hadn't seen everything that had previously played
out.. the fact she just happen to be playing Galaga, the you go ahead
and go first, the way I saw her aimlessly die as I approached her
playing, the "aww damn" sorrow she expressed like she just couldn't do
it well....

Ladies and Gentlemen, I was set the fuck up.

She KICKED MY ASS at Galaga. I mean she REALLY kicked my ass. I
played the first one off like I let her win to be nice, but I wouldn't be
so nice this time. At this point the competitive nature inside of me
was brewing and there was no way i was going to let her win this time...
So I get all serious and am really trying hard this time.

I'm hanging in there for a while, then she starts taking the lead again,
and then she starts talking shit... "Whatchoo got bitch?".... I was like
"What?" and she was like, "oh nevermind.".... then I started getting
angry and competitive and at this point, i was trying beat her. then I
lost another man, and as I watched her point total pass me and take
the lead, she kept talking shit!! "I told you not to fuck with me."
soooooooo................... I cheated.

I was so frustrated that I reached over and moved her joystick into the
missles so that she would lose a ship....

she looked at me in utter amazement and I didn't know what to do....
so I just looked at her and said, "what?"

.........and she STILL kicked my ass. I don't know what it was. But I
was really upset. I played it off like it was all fun in games but she
was all like, "IN YOUR FACE BEEEYYYAAATTTTCCCCHHHHH!!!!!" and
then to put the icing on the cake she said, "I'm sorry. I'll let you win
next time."

................... I just wanted to go home and go to bed. I'm going
to start going to the arcade and hanging out with the 9 year olds to get
my practice on.

~C

No comments: