9.25.2006

Hows your network?

I always thought I had a pretty good network and it has just now been put to the test.

I was laid off from my job last week so I reached out to my inner circle, even dipped into the second ring a little too and already had 2 interviews with 2 more lined up. Having glowing recommendations passed along with your resume is more valuable than anything you can imagine. I should have an offer or two by sometime next week.

My little contribution for the day: Build a network of talented, well-respected individuals in your field because you never know when you'll have to use it. Couple that with a reputation for being highly skilled and having a strong work ethic and you'll always be highly employable.

Sorry for the lack of posts, but obviously I've been very busy on the job hunt in any spare time I have... I have a few new house pics to post up too...

~c

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck to you Curtis. You seem like a survivor! Keep the faith.

Anonymous said...

daym, that sucks. keep your spirits up! i know you will land on your feet, DIH :)
-s.

Anonymous said...

Dude, I've been away from "The Chronicles" for a minute. Sorry about the lay-off, but I am not surprised that you have a few job offers already lined up. You the man!!!!!!! Good to now you brotha, good to know you.